« FAQ: How can my husband does he automatically become a US citizen? | Main | National Call-In Days for CIR: May 3rd! »

May 02, 2007

FAQ: Can I change from OPT to H-1B after receiving a MBA in the US?

Question; I am an international student and I obtained MBA degree from a U.S. University in 2006. I received my optional practical training (OPT)last year and it will expire in July, 2007. I would like to change my student visa status to H1-B and I need a legal advice about this matter.

Answer; On April 26, 2007 USCIS published that 19,673 applications have been received for the 20,000 masters H-1B visa for this year. This means that there are 337 left for fiscal year 2008. If you want to apply you and your employer need to contact me today! We can file and amend the application later on.

Posted by VisaLawyer at May 2, 2007 07:11 AM


Post a comment

Remember Me?

(you may use HTML tags for style)