« FBI fingerprint backlog delays permanent residency | Main | FAQ H-1B1 Porting »

February 21, 2007

FAQ How soon may I apply for a H-1B1 visa?

Answer; the H-1B/I-129 may be filed 6 months early; Pursuant to 8 CFR 214.2(h)(9)(i)(B), the Service has accepted I-129 cases filed less than six months prior to the requested date of employment. The cited regulation pertains to the filing and approval of H-1 petitions; neither can occur prior to six months before the employment is to commence or the alien's current stay expires.

Posted by VisaLawyer at February 21, 2007 02:03 PM


Post a comment

Remember Me?

(you may use HTML tags for style)