« Immigration Reform, National Security After September 11, And the Future of North American Integration | Main | The Myth of Immigrant Criminality and the Paradox of Assimilation: Incarceration Rates among Native and Foreign-Born Men »

February 26, 2007

FAQ; can an H-1B1 self petition for the visa?

Answer; Yes, you may incorporate a business in the U.S. to sponsor yourself. Because the corporation is a legal entity it may apply for you the individual. The salary may be paid by your U.S. or Singapore business. The U.S. corporation must have a U.S. tax id number. For a start-up company, there may be ability to pay issues; the corporation has to be solvent, with financial documentation that guarantees both employment and the beneficiary’s salary.

Posted by VisaLawyer at February 26, 2007 02:10 PM


Post a comment

Remember Me?

(you may use HTML tags for style)