« Mother's day | Main | Time to motivate, call your U.S. Senators »

May 15, 2006

Adjustment of status for fiancees

If you were admitted to the U.S. under the I-129F, as a fiancé on a K-1 visa and then married the U.S. citizen who applied for the K-1 visa for you; you may complete adjustment package without I-130.

If you married the U.S. citizen who applied for you but not within the 90-day time limit, your spouse also must now file USCIS Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative to complete your adjustment of status.

Note; If you did not marry the U.S. citizen who filed the K-1 petition in your behalf, or if you married another U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, you are not eligible to adjust status in the United States.

At; http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/LPReligibility.htm#d

Posted by VisaLawyer at May 15, 2006 08:50 AM


Post a comment

Remember Me?

(you may use HTML tags for style)