« U.S. Chamber of Commerce | Main | Migrants face long wait for green card »

October 14, 2005

FAQ: adjustment and failure to register

Free Question: Respected Sir my question is if a person entered to united state with B2 visa but presently He is over stayed OR out of Status plus never appears for registration. Now if he marries to some American citizen. Is he still eligible to do that and get the green card without leaving United State?

Free Answwer: There is a memo called the Devine memo which states that if a person seeks to adjust status and did not register they can still received the permanent residency. This memo is not widely known and many persons are rejected for adjustment. Nonetheless, it is current in effect and valid.

Posted by VisaLawyer at October 14, 2005 09:22 AM


Post a comment

Remember Me?

(you may use HTML tags for style)