« La Saborsita | Main | FAQ Will there be more H-1B visas for FY2006? »

September 27, 2005

FAQ: Employment for E-2 spouse and children

Free Question: Can my spouse and children work as E-2 dependents?

Free Answer: Your spouse is allowed to work for any employer on the open market. She needs to obtain an employment authorization document. Your children are not permitted to work as E-2 dependents. If they want to work in the U.S. they need to qualify independently for another visa. For example, they may marry a U.S. citizen or apply for an H-1B visa.

Posted by VisaLawyer at September 27, 2005 07:41 AM


Post a comment

Remember Me?

(you may use HTML tags for style)