« FAQ; Visa para fĂștbol | Main | FAQ: travel with Green Card »

August 19, 2005

FAQ; visitor wants to work

Free Question: My question is how do I go about helping a friend to come to the U.S on a visiting visa. Will it be any trouble if the person is 26 yr old young man that currently lives in Jamaica, that wants to come and visit and also work in the United States. I would really like to get some feedback on how to go about helping him with the process.

Free Answer: If he enters the U.S. using a visitor visa with the intention to work he may be found to have committed immigration fraud as to intent when he entered the U.S.A. He should apply for a work visa prior to coming to the U.S. If he enters with a visitor visa and applies to change status within 60 days of entry under the doctrine of "preconceived intent" his request to change may be denied.

Posted by VisaLawyer at August 19, 2005 02:03 PM


Post a comment

Remember Me?

(you may use HTML tags for style)