« Border control does not fix the problem | Main | FAQ; Need a green card »

July 13, 2005

FAQ; TPS and adjustment of status

Free Question: I am a African from West Africa (Liberia) which was devastated by 14 yrs. civil war. I am presently on a temporary protected status (tps) and is presently a father of a USA citizen and have lived in the United State for 3 three and a half year .I would like to know if my tps is terminated can I still be able to live in the US or change my status to permanent status through legal means?

Free Answer: TPS does not allow you to apply for permanent residency. You need to seek to apply for LPR status independently. Unless you have applied for status before you may not be able to apply for status at this time. Did you apply for asylum? Before applying you should contact an attorney.

Posted by VisaLawyer at July 13, 2005 01:04 PM


Post a comment

Remember Me?

(you may use HTML tags for style)