« FAQ; 2006 Diversity Visa (DV) Lottery | Main | Client comment; Mario Ramos office is one of the best web-based law firms »

June 14, 2005

FAQ;PERM and work authorization

Free Question: Hi, I am from India. My husband came here on H1 and I am on H4. Our visa status is expiring by end of this year so my husband's employer has applied for LCA by PERM.Once LCA comes through, can I work or I have to wait to till I get GC, before I can start applying for jobs.

Answer: After receiving PERM labor certification approval you must apply for employment authorization as part of your permanent residency application to obtain employment authorization. You may begin looking for a job however you may not accept a salary or any money from the employer prior to receiving employment authorization.

Posted by VisaLawyer at June 14, 2005 02:01 PM


Post a comment

Remember Me?

(you may use HTML tags for style)