« Editorial by Cardinal Roger Mahony,archbishop of the Roman Catholic archdiocese of Los Angeles | Main | USCIS Provides Instructions on Completing Part 2 of the Revised I-129 Form: H-1B »

June 02, 2005

FAQ; H-1B porting from an old employer to a new employer

This week I received a question about switching employers. This concept is called "porting” The process is as follows; prior to beginning to work for another employer you must apply to change your H-1B visa to the new employer. Once your porting application is received by immigration you may begin employment. If you are out of the country once approved you may enter the U.S. 10 days prior to the starting date of your H-1B visa. Our office will work with you and your employer inside or outside the U.S. My office can process your H-1B visa application within 72 hours of receipt of all information.

Posted by VisaLawyer at June 2, 2005 08:29 AM


Post a comment

Remember Me?

(you may use HTML tags for style)