« Your Voice Needed to Stop H-2B Visa Blackout | Main | Residency requirement for naturalization »

March 06, 2005

As an L1 VISA holder how can I apply for a US Green Card?

To receive a Green Card as an L1 visa holder you must apply under one of three categories;
1. The EB-1 visa is for persons with extraordinary ability in sciences, arts, education, business or athletics which has been demonstrated by sustained national or international acclaim and whose achievements have been recognized in the field through extensive documentation. This visa grants lawful permanent residency without an offer of employment.
2. The EB-2 visa is for members of the professions holding advanced degrees or their equivalent, or who because of their exceptional ability in the sciences, arts or business will substantially benefit prospectively the national economy, cultural or educational interests, or welfare of the U.S. and whose services are sought by an employer in the U.S. A national interest waiver will eliminate the need for an offer of employment. This visa grants lawful permanent residency.
3. The EB-3 visa is for professionals who have a Baccalaureate degree (or foreign university equivalent) or persons who are a member of the professions, skilled workers or other workers, including foreign nationals with less than two years of training and work experience. A job offer and labor certification is needed for all EB-3 visas. A national interest waiver is not available for EB-3. This visa grants lawful permanent residency.

Posted by VisaLawyer at March 6, 2005 12:00 AM


Post a comment

Remember Me?

(you may use HTML tags for style)