« PERM; 245i eligible because of I-130 prior to 4/30/01 | Main | Real ID action required »

March 30, 2005

Application for permanent residency

Today a client asked me whether she could file for her husband who had entered the U.S. without a visa from Mexico. Yes, she may file to adjust his status to permanent residency. The process involves three steps; first file with customs and immigration services; second once the petition is approved apply with the national visa center; third apply with the consulate in Cuidad Juarez for an appointment for permanent residency and a 601 waiver to enter the U.S. The waiver takes between 45 to 60 days to approve. After approval her husband will enter the U.S. with permanent residency/green card. The consulate approves 97% of waivers based on marriage cases. So she is going to apply for her husband and the father of her three children

Posted by VisaLawyer at March 30, 2005 03:42 PM


Post a comment

Remember Me?

(you may use HTML tags for style)