« Valentine Day Advice | Main | Lobby Day in Congress »

February 15, 2005

H-2B work visa question

Your question was: is there a H-2B VISA?, AND WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO GET IT?I HAVE A SPONSOR I MEAN A PERSON WHO CAN HIRE ME IN CA. HE SAY HE WOULD DO WHAT IS NECESARY TO HELP ME, HE HAS A CONSTRUCTION COMPANY AND I HAVE A LOT OF EXPERIENCE IN CONSTRUCTION AREA I am living in Califonia now. I have a degree in Biology and worked for 12 years as a teacher in Mexico until December 2001.

Answer; To sponsor you for a work visa you must have valid visa status or be able to use a prior application. To qualify for a labor certification you need to show 2 years prior experience at that job. However you may not use the experience you gained with the employer who files for you.

Posted by VisaLawyer at February 15, 2005 12:00 AM


Post a comment

Remember Me?

(you may use HTML tags for style)