« Spain offering amnesty to nearly 1 million illegal immigrants | Main | Valentine Day Advice »

February 13, 2005

Marriage visa question

Your question was:
I would like to ask, if I marry a girl from Mexico who lives and works in the US will she gain citizenship? If so how long will it take for her?

Yes, you may marry and apply for your girlfriend from Mexico. The time it takes for her to become a US citizen depends on where you live. Every immigration office handles cases at a different speeds. To apply for her U.S. citizenship first she has to receive permanent residency status. Prior to apply we need to determine her method of entry to the U.S., visa status and has she ever been arrested?

Posted by VisaLawyer at February 13, 2005 06:00 AM


Post a comment

Remember Me?

(you may use HTML tags for style)